Monday, May 2, 2011

Ah, finally! An ART blog.

*note: the links are apparently the same color as the rest of the font in this blog, but the names I've dropped all have links to them*

I'm always on new missions, it seems.  New goals, new everything.  Something to rebuild what was, because clearly the direction I've been going has been useless.  At least that's the rumor.  But really.  I've just been letting my brain go to mush because I've spent so much time pushing to do the things that I have to do.  And that's no fun.  Where is the pleasure to be taken from doing the things that I want to do?  Where have those days, gone, eh?

So, without further ado, I introduce y'all to Dustin Nguyen:




Ben Templesmith:


These are some of many illustrators that have inspired me.  Their styles are bold, punchy, and while there are other illustrators like Darick Robertson, Matt Wagner (my all time FAVORITE for creating the brilliance of Grendel), these guys stick out pretty solidly.  

Also notice how they're all guys?  Eh?  ;P

I need to do more research into female illustrators.  From the few that I've seen I haven't been too impressed, and maybe I just haven't given enough due credit.  But perhaps someday I'll be swingin' with the rest of the guys and proving that I'm worth my salt.

First I gotta sit my butt down and actually draw something first. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment